EarthMC is a minecraft server with a custom made earth map. This guide will get you started on your adventure. Join using the IP EarthMC.xyz, join our discord server and open the server world map your browser. You can view other towns you want to join or take coordinates of the map to find a place you want to settle. Gold ingots are used as currency and referred to as "gold" or G for short. You get gold from mining gold ore, raiding and voting (/vote). You also need know how to create vaults. Vaults store your gold. In order to create a vault you need a chest and a sign. Hold down "shift" on your keyboard and place your sign on the chest. On the first line write: [vault] with square brackets included. Type [town vault] on a sign to create a town vault. You can deposit gold from your inventory to your town vault.
Keep in mind that vaults doesn’t lock chests from other players. If you want to protect your chest your best bet would be to place it in a private town plot.
The interactive web map can be found at map.EarthMC.xyz. In the top left corner of the map you can see coordinates which corresponds with minecraft coordinates. This is a great tool to navigate the map. Below the coordinates you will find a menu where markers can be toggled. Move the mouse to the right of the screen to open a larger black menu. Here you can see who is online and change map type. The 2D map is set by default but you can also choose 3D or cave map.
There are several markers on the map and it could be useful to know what they mean,
- - Town part of a nation, click marker to see which nation it belongs to.
- - Independent town not part of a nation.
- - Nation capital.
- - World spawn.
Creating a town
In order to create a town you need 32 gold in your inventory. Make sure your stand in the area you want to settle your town in before running the command. Once you're ready, open chat and type:
/t new (townnamehere)
Make sure your town name does not include a space or any special characters. Towns are safe from raiding and looting. Towns can only be raided during war only if they are part of a nation in war. Read more about war further down. Mayors (player that created the town) can toggle taxes, pvp ect. For more info, do
In order to expand your town one chunk you have to pay 16 gold and run
This command will let you add town residents
All towny commands are listed on the official towny website, here. In doubt, run:
After 41 days of all town members being inactive the town is deleted to save up space. It only takes one member joining to reset the counter.
Creating a nation
A nation is a collection of towns with one town as the capital. The town which created the naiton is set as capital by default. Nations can fight in wars and collect taxes from towns within the nation. A nation costs 128 gold to create with an upkeep of 2 gold/24h (real life hours). Upkeep is taken from nation vault. Nation will be removed if you fail to pay upkeep. Make sure you have enough gold (128) in your town vault before running
/n new (nationname).
Nations also have the ability to create outposts, a piece of land not connected to the capital. You need 32 gold in your nation vault to create an outpost.
/town claim outpost
World wars can only be started by staff. Make sure to join our discord server to know when a world war is coming up!
Only towns in nations can participate in wars, all other towns are safe from attackers. Nations can be neutral in world wars by typing the command
/nation toggle neutral
To see war progress, use the command
In order to attack a town you and your allies have to stand within enemy chunks. Normal town plots have 40 health points while the home block has 60. A plot loses 1 HP every 5 seconds and the damage is multiplied by the number of enemies standing in it. You can also heal your own chunks by standing in them.
Once you are in the process of attacking, the defending town will be alerted by fireworks and coordinates in chat. You can only attack plots on the edge of a town/outpost. When a chunk is captured, attackers are able to place tnt and ladders inside of the territory to further breach into the town. Don’t worry, tnt explosions are rolled back automatically after a while.
The attacking town gets 5 gold after successfully taking a chunk. The gold is drawn from the defending town’s vault. This means that the town’s health during war is the gold in their town vault. When the gold runs out that town is toggled neutral and can no longer participate in the war. A town also loses if their home block is taken. A nation falls if the capital of the nation falls, which will remove all towns in the nation from the war.
Remind your nation leader to choose allies and enemies before the war starts! Allies are a great asset during wars as they will be able to heal your plots and kill your enemies.
/nation enemy add/remove (nationname)
/nation ally add/remove (nationname)
If you are killed while in an enemy town you will be sent to their town jail (if it exists). To get out you will either need to pay a bail of 10 gold from your personal vault or get your allies to break you out. If a jail is taken all future captured players will be sent to another jail if there is one.
/r jail paybail
If you're a donator you can place your nation's banner on your head. Good way to represent your nation during wartime.
The war event ends when there is only one nation left or when staff toggles it off. Gold will then be awarded to the winners.
Selling items to other players is a great way to make gold. Trade signs allow you to sell specified items even when you are not online.
(amountForEach) (get-item name/get-item id)
(amountForEach) (give-item name/give-item id):(totalAmount)
For example, if you would like to sell 20 dirt for 10 stone and have 300 dirt to sell your sign should look like this:
You can also use block ID's instead of block names (Eg. stone is replaced by 1 and dirt by 3).
If a person right clicks on the sign they will buy the amount specified on line 2 for the amount specified on line 3. If the owner right clicks on the sign they will get the items that have been paid to them, and if they do with the item they are selling in their hand they will refill the sign.
Players can destroy their own signs but not other's signs, mayors can destroy anyone’s signs in their town. This is so towns can have a kind of marketplace where players can put up and take down their own signs without other players in the town being able to destroy other’s signs.
Trade signs are further explained on the official essentials website found here
You can set diffrent ranks for your town/nation members. This gives you the power to limit access but also grant your residents diffrent capabilities.
/town rank add (player) (rank) or /nation rank add (player) (rank)
- Town ranks
- chancellor - Has almost all of the commands the Mayor has.
- builder - A rank that has all public plot permissions everywhere in the town.
- trusted - A rank that has all private plot permissions everywhere in the town.
- recruiter - A rank that can invite people.
- police - Is able to jail other town members.
- tax-exempt - Pays no taxes.
- treasurer - Can use the town's economy.
- Nation ranks
- chancellor - Has almost all of the commands the King has.
- colonist - Can invite to nation.
- Treasurer - Can use the nation's economy.
- Settler - can create outposts, recommended for mayors in the nation.
- Server ranks
- Donator - Awesome people who support this community by paying the bills.
- Mod - Moderators.
- Dev - Working on game balance and plugins.
- Owner - Owner of server, working on plugins and physical server hardware
For support please visit the support form here.
Rules and ban appeals
There are a few rules listed below that all players must follow.
- #1 - No cheat clients, no hacking.
- #2 - No alternative accounts.
- #3 - Don't intentionally cause lag.
- #4 - No spamming.
- #5 - Do not grief towns outside of wars.
- #6 - Staff may decide to take action against toxic players that affect the community as a whole.
- #7 - No advertising.
- #8 - No posting of malicious content/links.
- #9 - Do not reveal identities/personal information of other players.
- #10 - Do not assist other players in breaking above rules.
- #11 - Do not impersonate other towns/nations/players.
Ban appeals are handled over att our ban appeals discord server, click here to join.
If you'd like to help keeping EarthMC alive you can donate below. All money will go towards the server and the costs associated with hosting it. As thanks you will receive some cool cosmetic features listed below.
- /hat command, place an item over/on your head. This will allow you to place your nation/town banner on your head, great for wars!
- Access to /nick, change your in-game name.
- Access to private donator chat in Discord, have more say in server changes here.
- /seen command, know when someone was last seen online.
- /playtime, check how much time you and others have spent on the server.
- Yellow colored rank both in-game and in our discord server. If you donate 20$ you get a purple rank instead.
- /party, invite other players to a private chat channel in-game.
- Make my day :)